The Dental Practice
The obligations of our dental practice
- Your data is collected for specific purposes:
- for healthcare provision;
- for effective management and policy.
- In principle, no processing takes place for other purposes.
- You will be informed that your personal data is being processed. This can be done by your healthcare provider, but also via a brochure or via our website.
- All employees within Van Mill Dental Practice have committed themselves to treating your personal data confidentially.
- Your personal data is well protected against unauthorized access.
- Your personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for good care.
For medical data, this retention period is in principle 15 years (from the last treatment), unless longer storage is necessary, for example for the health of yourself or your children. This is at the dentist’s discretion.
Your rights as a data subject
- The right to know whether and which personal data of yours is being processed.
- The right to inspect and copy that data (insofar as this does not harm the privacy of another person).
- The right to correction, addition or deletion of data if necessary.
- The right to request (partial) destruction of your medical data. This can only be met if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to someone else and the data must not be retained on the basis of a legal regulation.
- The right to add a personal statement (of a medical nature) to your file.
- The right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can make this known orally or in writing to Tandartspraktijk van Mill. Your interests can also be represented by a representative (such as a written representative, or your curator or mentor).